PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Monday, January 23, 2012

2012 Hopes and Goals and New Things for Miss Lovie

Yes, I know the first month of 2012 is almost over and that this post is quite late. However, I still want to share with you some of my personal goals and also some ideas for Miss Lovie and hopefully get your input! More on that on down in this post...

If you haven't yet, please go check out the One Word Goal Series going on at Less Cake More Frosting. There is so much inspiration there from so many talented bloggers. I've loved reading along. It has inspired me to really think about what I want this year to be like.

Now, before I go listing my hopes and goals, I want to preface it with I have recently realized I might be crazy. 
Currently I am teaching full time as a kindergarten teacher, attending grad school part time in a different state where I have to drive 2 hours to class once a week from which I am graduating this year(!), I'm writing and creating for Miss Lovie, and I am contibuting to BCD. Hm. Do you think I'm crazy, too? Those 2 grad classes are the real kicker here. They're going to take over my life. 

That being said, however, I believe, 
you always have to make time for the things you love.
 I will (somehow) make it all work. And it's only for less than 4 months. I can do this. 

Which brings me to my first #1 most important goal: 
Be More Efficient.
With so much on my plate, I need to make the most of my time. In every aspect of my day. I am not an organized person. I always say I don't think my brain is wired for that kind of thing. I need to make a more conscious effort to be a little more organized with what I plan for my day: at school, in creating, and for grad school work. Also, I may or may not be a procrastinator...this does not help. I must overcome.
No more internet surfing for hours and hours on end. 
Do homework. 
Lesson Plan. 
Craft. 
Blog.
Repeat.
And, of course, I'll have to throw some relaxation and cuddling with Nixon Girl (doggie) and Matty Boy (Mr. Lovie) in there as much as possible...but that's it!! Until I'm done with grad school!

A few other goals...



Now. Those are all broad real life/creative life goals and while some overlap, of course, this does not include my school/work/professional goals at all. That's a whole other ball game which would require another blog entirely. Ha! 

Now let's move on to where I need your input. 
I would love love love to create a schedule on my blog so that you always knew what you'd see here on Miss Lovie. I love blogs that have special posts set aside for certain days of the week and everytime you come to that blog on that day you know you'll find it. 

You know those I'm talking about... Like the ever popular: What I Wore Wednesday on the Pleated Poppy where Lindsey shares what she wore that day and throughout the week, $5 Friday on Simple Simon and Co. where Elizabeth and Liz show what they can make from $5 or less, or Sunshine Sunday on I Am Momma Hear Me Roar where Cheri shares what she is thankful for during that week. I love all those series (and all those blogs). 

This is what I'm moving towards. 
We have to take baby steps here, though. (Only because of my other life commitments. Boo to those.) Come summertime, though, you all better watch out. 
That is unless the pool calls my name too often like it did last summer...oops.

Here are a few things I'm thinking of incorporating weekly. Let me know what you think.
1. Because we're both awesome...I am definitely going to do a feature-type post on Thursdays.... 
My thoughts are to search and find things in blog land that I love and feature them and then occasionally take submissions from readers as well! Does this sound fun? 
Email me if you have a super fabulous post you want featured on Miss Lovie!!
2. What do you currently like to read here and what do you want to see more of on Miss Lovie? 
Do you love all the tutorials? Keep 'em coming? More jewelry? More wreaths? More holiday decor? Sewing? Something new? Let me have it. I will definitely share my projects with you as much as possible, but what do you want to see most? 
I may have over 4, 000 pins. Wow.
3. What do you think about a "What I'm Wearing" or a "What I'm Cooking" post once a week?  
Pinterest has changed my life. I know that sounds crazy, but really. I have never cooked more than I have since organizing and saving recipes on my Recipes to Try board. Likewise, I have never been more inspired to pull exciting and interesting outfits together since pinning a ton of ideas to my Wanna Wear It board. A "What I'm Wearing" post would be an outfit post by me (a teacher on a budget!) where I'd also include my favorite fashion pins or links to favorite fashion blogs. A "What I'm Cooking" post would include a recipe or two I've cooked either from Pinterest or from a blog I've found via Pinterest and what I thought of it, how I changed it, etc. 

What do you think?
 Please respond! Sometimes I think I'm writing to myself! I want to know what you want! Let me know what you think in the comments please. 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Emily H. said...

I normally read while nursing at night, so even though I don't comment, I read it all! I'd love to see something similar to WIWW (a la Pleated Poppy).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad